Treasury Galaxy creation

In the BIP-6 accepted proposal, I (Baowolf) was appointed as Head of Treasury and Project Operations to help manage treasury budgeting, as well as the staking and liquidity of treasury assets.

As part of our decentralization process, it is important to have a distinct galaxy that will partake in the day-to-day treasury operations to ensure that we have a healthy and long-lasting operating cash flow for the long-term support of the DAO.

This new galaxy roles and responsibilities would include among other things :

• Consolidating and centralizing liquidity from all revenue sources and franchises
  • Create and maintain strategies to stake and earn passive income with treasury funds
  • Ensure that the DAO has short-term liquidities to operate
  • Ensure the payment of grants, salaries, bounties, and operating expenses
  • Manage cash flow and projected balance of the DAO
  • Provide salary charts and scales to support the possible hirings and member onboarding
  • Report treasury activities

The initial composition of the galaxy will be the following guardians :

• Baowolf (Head)
  • Baoman
  • Chickn

The guardians in the Council of Guardians will be consulted on many subjects to ensure the treasury management is aligned with the goals and objectives of each galaxy and the DAO.

Contributors can be onboarded in that galaxy and could potentially

• Act as advisors
  • Define strategies
  • Create dashboards, analytics and reports
  • Help the other galaxies to report if necessary their operating cashflow

The operating budget of the galaxy will vary depending on the activity and strategies define to manage the liquidity it holds as Gas costs on Ethereum may come at a hefty price.

Besides gas, the initial operating budget should be of 2000$ a month following the same rules as the other galaxy operating budget, meaning that the galaxy operating budget can accumulate up to three months of budget if they don’t spend all their budget in the initial months.

3 Likes

“as” I believe should be has right?

I think a included responsibility of the galaxy should be to keep record and report all treasury activity.

1 Like

Noted ! Thank you Jester

1 Like