Approve Fresh Pizza's hire as a full-time solidity developer

This proposal is to grant our community member of the Quality assurance galaxy Fresh Pizza a salary from the treasury of $100K a year. This salary is aligned with the cryptocurrency job market.

This proposal will appoint Fresh Pizza to a new “Smart contract galaxy” where he and Baoman will cooperate on the contracts being part of the Bao ecosystem. Baoman will still be an active member of the Maintainer galaxy.

Fresh Pizza demonstrated this summer his talents for Solidity and programming by having a custom basket proof of concept on Polygon and is a key contributor of the nests that came to life in our Polygon franchise.

Fresh Pizza will become available for a full time position in October and this proposal aims to start the grant at that moment.

As everyone knows, there is still a lot of development to be made in our soft and hard synth implementation and finding the right talents, especially engineers with solidity experience, are hard to find. We are proud to see a talent coming from our community willing to join the DAO full time.

This proposal has been built by Baowolf and Baoman. We strongly recommend that our DAO ensure the contribution of Fresh Pizza in the Bao ecosystem.

12 Likes

Not 100% relevant, but do all solidity developers be involved across all chains/products or will each DAO at some point be hiring for thier own franchise. Just interested in the vision whether these roles will be core (Bao) or more each product specific.

Great to see talent coming up from within

Like any organization, if we find and attract enough of the right talent it would make sense to have galaxies focused on different products in the ecosystem but for now all galaxy members work across the entire ecosystem

1 Like

This is a proposal I strongly support and encourage you to support as well.

Fresh Pizza started as a volunteer in our community and actually helped to identify some of the very first bugs we had in our early launches of Bao.

Since then his involvement has evolved to being involved in our QA Galaxy and contributing directly to the protocol.

The launch of soft synths would not have happened so quickly without him.

I’m excited to work along side FP and continue to build out this protocol, he is a great young talent that I see a lot of potential in and think he will contribute great things to this community.

As many of you know, we’ve struggled to attract talent being a small anon community, and I was worried we were going to have to settle for whatever we could get. Luckily that wasn’t the case and we found Pizza who is a great and passionate talent ready to be involved.

3 Likes

I haven’t had much contact with Fresh Pizza, but I’m happy to see he has been contributing to Bao since the early stages, is a talent our galaxy has been relying on, and we are now able to compensate FP full time. :)